Assistance to apply for your director ID
What is a director ID?
If you are a director of a company, you will need one. It is a 15-digit number that identifies you.
Shareholders, employees, creditors, consumers, external administrators and regulators are entitled to know the names and certain details of the directors of a company. All directors are required by law to verify their identity with ABRS (Australian Business Registry Services) before receiving a director ID. This is important because it will help to:
- prevent the use of false or fraudulent director identities;
- make it easier for external administrators and regulators to trace directors’ relationships with companies over time;
- and identify and eliminate director involvement in unlawful activity, such as illegal phoenix activity.
Who needs one?
You need a director ID if you are a director of a company, a registered Australian body or a registered foreign company under the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act).You must apply for your own director ID to verify your identity. No one can apply on your behalf. However, if you want to help, our team can assist you (see below for details).
When do I need to apply?
You can apply for a director ID now. Please click on this link to apply.
|Date you become a director||Date you must apply|
|On or before 31 October 2021||By 30 November 2022|
|Between 1 November 2021 and 4 April 2022||Within 28 days of appointment|
|From 5 April 2022||Before appointment|
If you plan to become a director, you can apply before you’re appointed.
What if I need help?
You need to apply for your own director ID. The fastest way to do this is online using the myGovID app.
We understand this is a new process for 2.1 million company directors in Australia. You likely will encounter some questions or uncertainties during the application.
Our team have been assisting clients to start and complete this process to obtain their director ID.
We offer the following services:
- Explain the process of applying for your director ID.
- Assist in downloading and setting up myGovID app on your smart device.
- Help to set up your myGovID app with a Standard or Strong identity strength to apply for your director ID online, including information on Australian identity documents required.
- We will also help you with the ABRS application for your director ID and link with ATO as required.
- Provide 1 on 1 phone support with you, from start to completion. We are here to help you all the way to obtain your director ID.
How to Order